Wouldn’t you prefer something fresh over something stale? If we were talking food, you’d undoubtedly say yes. Well, websites are much the same. A visitor who continues to find the same old content or images will eventually move on. Below are six ways to ensure that your visitors keep coming back to you for more.
What Audiences Want
What do audiences on the internet want? At first, websites were few and far between so people accepted what they were given. Now that surfers are as savvy as website owners, they want more and won’t settle until they get it. If you are in touch with your customer base, then you have some idea of what they want to see. In order to keep people coming back to your site, the best practice is to provide what they need. That’s the bottom line.
Keep your Website Fresh with These Six Ideas
- Update your content – Content is still king and that is what audiences crave. They surf to find out information and will stay with you if you can provide that. It is a time-consuming process, so strive for once a week. To help you out, hire a writer to create new content based on your niche market. Or better still, use every business encounter or issue as the subject of a new content piece. There is no substitute for experience and the knowledge it can impart to readers.
- Add a blog – Blogs are always helpful. They allow you to interact with your audience in a more informal fashion. Exchange ideas; announce new product launches; host surveys; get feedback. A blog can be updated more often than your website and provide readers with something new to digest each time they return.
- Repurpose content – Do you have a few evergreen articles? Turn them into short blog posts, quotes for images, podcasts, social media content, and more. One article can be spun into a variety of new forms for audience digestion.
- Check out the competition – See how they are maintaining their traffic. They may have latched on to an idea you hadn’t thought of.
- Host a contest – People love to compete and win prizes. Advertise the contest on social media. This draws more people to your site and they will have a look around.
- Ask for feedback – Customers always want to share their opinions. In fact, many people surf the web for reviews of products and services. Make sure that you are providing what your customers want by simply asking them a few questions. Make sure you follow through on their answers as well.
In today’s world, people want and expect more from websites. To stay relevant and fresh to your viewers, you might need to make some changes.