Social media is now critical for any business to succeed with a digital marketing strategy. Brands of all industries and sizes are now using social media as a reliable platform for various business operations, not just marketing, but for user engagement and customer care, etc. Even though shared, likes, followers are important, there are far more things which distinguish the credibility of a brand.
Social media now requires a unique set of skills and strategies for brands to fully understand the needs of their target audience. To do it in a better way, here we will discuss some top social media strategies you can try and implement for this year by the young entrepreneurs as well as the more established brands.
Setting social media goals
There may be many goals we can focus on by considering social media as the platform. Some of the major ones are like creating brand awareness, generating traffic, increasing engagement, generating more signups, and efficiently engaging through social media, etc. to name a few. It is also a challenge as to figure out what exactly your social media goals are and how to align it well with your marketing strategies.
Let’s explore the most common social media goals of enterprises in detail.
- Increased brand awareness: The goal is to incase the follower counts for your social media profiles, increase the reach of posts, and improvise shares, mentions, and retweets etc.
- Driving in real traffic: Getting more referral traffic through social media, sharing overall traffic, decreased bounce rates, and get more click-throughs over social media posts.
- Generating new leads: Generating prospective customer contact information through social media. Promoting gated content for free download, more clicks on leads-specific social postings, and better conversion rates of social media leads.
- Revenue generation: Number of signups, revenue through ads, and overall sales revenue through social media activities.
- Boosting brand engagement: Working on getting more likes, shares, mentions, comments, and replies to the posts.
- Build a community around brand: The volume of posts and likes on FB and other groups. Focusing on building some participants and more tweets per participant for Twitter etc.
- Increase press mentions: To get some people from the target group reaching to you to ask industry-related queries and to enhance potential reach by leveraging the popularity of public press.
- Building authority: Growing as a subject matter expert in a specific field by releasing more process/topic-specific articles and engaging with active communicators and addressing their queries and concerns.
- Research and analytics: To assess the growth in engagement, lead generation, and the number of conversations on social media, etc. and using this data to improve social media strategies.
Debt is also another troublesome issue for organizations. Over time, once into a situation to handle multiple debts, a lot of effort and time needs to be invested in managing this complicated affair, and still, there are possibilities for it to get out your hand and ultimately sink. Effective Debt management is something which organizations need to gain expertise in, and there are many organizations assisting you in this. Through consolidation and other goal-oriented debt management programs, it is not difficult for organizations to ultimately get rid of bad debts.
Next, we will discuss a couple of social media strategies to try out in 2018.
1. Focusing on offering a more personalized customer experience
Rather than using these for group communications, social media platforms are now proving out to be a great place for personalized customer experience. This is largely made possible with the help of chatbots to automate the repeated everyday tasks. If implemented properly, chatbots can take up this role of personalized customer interaction in an efficient way. Linking chatbots with ads will redirect your audience to a messenger window which will ultimately let you boost sales through a personalized experienced.
2. Add your audience to a community
Even though followers are essential, you cannot always entertain them by giving a feeling that you are a robot. You need to integrate personality to your communication through humor and emotions into the posts for your audience to relate it to your brand. Social media is meant for socialization, and if your customers only see the same type of posts over and again, they will naturally lose interest. Know how to make your social media approach more interactive to convert your followers to a community as by:
- Asking questions.
- Looking for their opinion on various matters.
- Sharing worthy information based on situational needs.
- Sharing or liking follower posts.
- Creation or contests and discussions etc.
It is also noted that people tend to respond in a better manner to videos, good imagery, and interesting podcasts. So, jazz up your posts with a fine mix of all possible modes of media interactions. You can also try and find out brand advocates from among the community itself which will help to find new customers. Along with your marketing plan, try to establish a social media budget also which you can further deploy most desirably to reap a high ROI.
Marina Thomas is a marketing and communication expert. She also serves as content developer with many years of experience. She helps clients in long term wealth plans. She has previously covered an extensive range of topics in her posts, including business debt consolidation and start-ups.