Marketing Methods: How to draw in clients in times of crisis
Beginning from that each company is a specific world, the speaker establishes the standards that have led us to where we are and which can alleviate this situation. “It is needed to consider a procedure of reflection to understand exactly what has happened and how to fix it”,
from this procedure of reflection we have some vital efficiency guidelines in the existing circumstance:
- No one understands what the crisis will last so you need to keep your cool.
- If everybody discuss crisis, the media sells us crisis and companies presume that we are in crisis, the crisis becomes real and grows with our fear. We should prevent letting ourselves be brought away by worry.
- Contemplate the mistakes made, translate them and not fall back into them.
- It is necessary to study the marketplace, understand the future forecasts of our business in a reputable method and work on long-term jobs without letting ourselves be brought away by the anxiety of today.
- After the marketplace analysis, show a head. Demonstrate the managerial and analytical capacity in the management of our business without precipitation and with security.
- You need to make decisions, but not any hasty choice that indicates future repentance.
- Do not get carried away by the easy way (rate decrease), policies that are not constantly reliable and can be harmful in the long term.
- Negotiate everything negotiable. It is more effective to negotiate really tough with the supplier than to work out layoffs with workers.
- Reduce expenses. Yes, however with a head. You have to think about the expenses and learn how to give with exactly what is actually expendable (logistics concerns that can be outsourced, administration …) before compromising basic tools for the business such as marketing or bring in consumers.
- Learn to sacrifice what is not basic to our service strategy. Generally a couple of customers occupy the majority of the turnover of a business, you need to look after those essential clients even in spite of sacrificing other minors.
Basic rules to handle the scenario in which we live and to be able to ask ourselves which options are the most appropriate for our problem. Juan Carlos Alcaide says that now new chances emerge, “Blue Oceans” in which to start a brand-new activity without competitors. To survive in this cycle where we presently have to live, the speaker establishes a number of concepts as options and suggestions to resurface between the current situation of fall:
- Try to find our Blue Ocean, that space in the market that is not stained by the blood of sharks that fight for their piece of market. You have to dare to be different, offer something different from the rest.
- “It is the moment of the cobbler cobbler!”, Now these little ideas that previously seemed to have no space reappear. It is time to benefit from those spaces that remain. If people can not purchase automobiles, possibly now they need a 24-hour workshop, if people do not buy shoes, they will require somebody to repair the ones they have …
- Look for lost consumers. Lots of clients now rethink the items they have readily available and search for brand-new offers that provide them something various, included values.
- Attempt to be the only one in a classification. In some cases numerous ideas are dismissed by the absence of designs, it’s time to wager on being the very first in a classification, discover that gap without competitors and begin from scratch.
- Distinction, if your product does not come out, create a friendly brand as a complement and reinforcement of your activity. As an example we have the plethora of white brand names in all kinds of products that now get into the marketplace.
- Cost management , you have to know ways to use them, comprise the sales with elements such as promotions or discount rates, never ever reduce them drastically without reason.
- Secure crucial consumers, loyalty to those important although this means compromising others less crucial.
- Verify collections procedures. Charge for whatever you do, if you require to comprise our previously totally free services with brand-new worths that represent a need for the consumer and a cost associated with them.
- ” Bundle prices “, items and service. If we can not sell our items, let’s add an additional that makes the difference.
Juan Carlos Alcaide makes it clear in his talk that each company should use its own rules in the video game, understanding that we must escape the basic pattern of “as there are less consumers, there is less earnings, less budget and for that reason less investment which equates into fewer clients … “The whiff that bites the tail, you have to learn how to handle spending plans to eliminate expenses instead of remove investments that are required such as marketing and training.
Our clients have to understand that we are there, that they can rely on us and for that we must exist. It is likewise important to train our workers to effectively manage the situation, specialized training to manage the crisis. If our budgets do not enable us to pay out other stages of higher capability, try to find brand-new channels to send our concepts.
The typology of the customer has actually changed and now we have to be constantly there and for that Alcaide proposes us solutions:
- Radical, direct, strong marketing and promoting what would be called Marketing 2.0 , where the customer can have access to whatever he would like to know about us.
- Radical openness . Demonstrate that you can trust us, that there is nothing surprise behind our company or product, be clear and above all transparent to our possible clients.
- Promote the “member gets member”. Encourage our customers and get them to bring other consumers to us, viral marketing.
- Promote Public Relations. Produce relationships with the client, any reason readies to keep the thread with the client. You have to be clear that “Silence that you do not fill, it will fill another less expensive one”.
- Who sustains wins! Enduring is a trade and shows our strength, capacity and security in ourselves, something that is transferred to our customers and allows us to endure in tough times.
As an enhance to the conference, an interview was accepted the speaker in which he establishes specific topics of the treaties in the act in a more particular way. If you wish to broaden this information or have the interview, more images or the video of the conference, do not be reluctant to contact me, from IDE-CESEM we will be happy to work together as much as possible.